Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Everlasting Love

the Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. Again I will build you, and you shall be built, O virgin Israel! Again you shall adorn yourself with tambourines and shall go forth in the dance of the merrymakers. (Jeremiah 31:3, 4 ESV)

As I read Jeremiah 31, I identify so well with the people of Israel. I can think of the many times that I have fallen away from God's will and grace, losing my joy, losing my song, broken. I think of how God always draws me back and rebuilds me. Giving me a new song and filling me with joy and His peace. The only peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7). 

It is in these moments of brokenness, that we can truly understand God's Grace, His patience, His faithfulness, and His everlasting love. It is when you are most 'unloveable' that God extends Himself drawing you to Him so He can rebuild You. 

Father, I come boldly before Your presence, thanking You for your everlasting love. Your love never changes. (Psalms 136, 138:8). Your Word says that You will never leave us, nor forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5) Even when we are unlovable You still remain faithful, loving us, with an everlasting love. Over and over again You pull our souls back from certain destruction, so we will see the light. (Job 33:29-30msg) Thank You for your patience. Father, I lift up any lovely that is in need of Your love, that You meet them exactly where they are. That You fill them up with your everlasting love and put in them a new song. (Psalms 40:3) Let them bring forth dance full of praise for what You have done for them. Thank you for teaching us along the way, what 'True Love' is. Love builds and never destroys. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. (1 Corinthians 13:7 NLT) Help my lovelies and I to remain in 'Love' with one another. Always building each other up. I could certainly speak of Your love forever. (Psalms 89:1) In Your precious name, Jesus.

One Thing Remains - Jesus Culture


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...