Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Walk by Faith not by Sight



My Lovelies, A Loving Reminder: Walk by Faith not by Sight

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18 NIV)

It is extremely difficult to be in a midst of the storm and visualize peace and stillness. Instead we, focus on what is physically in front of us, focus on the things seen. 

We focus on the chaos (our pain / or the pain around us). 
We focus on the strong winds (loss of control). 
We focus on the flooding, (the moments the waters feel so deep that you are just trying to keep your head above the water).

But the Word says that we should fix our eyes on what is unseen! We need to start walking around as if we are blind, acknowledging that God is in complete control! His purpose will stand, and He will do all that He please.’ (Isaiah 46:10)
His plan for us has a higher purpose. To bring us to eternal life! 
I love music so I like to visualize God behind the scenes orchestrating my life into a perfect melody that suits His purpose for me. I can't see Him but I know that in ALL things He is there!

My lovelies, we are constantly waging war, and it is not our battle to fight. During these times we need to pray, not only for ourselves but for each other and ask God to help us see with spiritual eyes, to help keep us focused, just like Elisha did for his servant! 

When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked. “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. (2 Kings 6:15-17 NIV)
Father, I come boldly before your throne in praise for you alone are God, The Author and Finisher of our faith. I pray that you give my lovelies spiritual eyes in the midst of the storms and battles that come through our daily lives. That you reveal yourself in each specific situation. That you instill in their minds and their hearts that they face every trial with 'The Lord of Host'! I pray this in your precious name, Jesus, Amen!

10 comments:

  1. I love this! Oh, dear friend, how many times have I tried to "fix" things on my own only to mess them up even worse??? Sometimes it is so hard to let go of control. But God has this. What an awesome reminder!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis your not alone.. :) But God is good and He is patient and always working on us until we get it right! ~Blessings

      Delete
  2. To walk by faith "is" the only way to walk. Thank you for the message.

    Blessings,
    KW

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post Ali on my life verse. This is a verse I go back to again and again in times of doubt. I particularly love your quote "It is extremely difficult to be in a midst of the storm and visualize peace and stillness." Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. Thank you for taking time out to comment on my blog! ~Blessings

      Delete
  4. It took me 39 years to realize that God was the only one that could fix the mess I had created out of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God, He is not like man! I praise Him for His patience and His grace! Thank you for taking time out to comment :) ~Blessings

      Delete
  5. Excellent reminder! Looking to the unseen will get us from this side to the other!
    Blessings Ali!

    ReplyDelete

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...