Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Loving Reminder: I am an heir!

A Loving Reminder: I am an heir!

So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir. (Galatians 4:7)

Lovelies, living in this world is difficult when we lose sight of who's we are.  So often we forget that we are sons and daughters of a King, and we run to the comfort of the world. Binding ourselves to it. 

The moment we truly accept Christ, we became His children, and heirs to His Kingdom. But, instead of embracing the riches of this new life, the new things that God has for us, as  creations in him, we put back on the chains that God has removed. Habitually putting back on: 

the chains of sin,
the chains of depression, 
the chains of grief, 
the chains of fear, 
the chains of loneliness, 
the chains of anxiety/worry,
the chains of addiction.

Becoming weighted, and enslaved to the things we know, that eventually lead us to disappointments and into pits of despair. Blocking ourselves from receiving blessings.

'How often I forget that my new identity as an adopted daughter of the living God defines who I am. How often I still live as an orphan, comfortable with my old spoon and bowl and crib, even entrapped by them, not even wanting new ones. How often I forget that I am an heir, a forgiven, accepted, free, righteous heir because my Father, at the greatest cost, adopted me.' (100 Days of Hope Devotional by Hope International)

Let us remember that we are children of not just any King, but the King of Kings! Let us walk in the Victory of being heirs to His throne; the throne of the Great I Am! Let us walk in the freedom that has been granted through the shedding of the blood by our Redeemer. 

Father, I come boldly and humbly before your throne, praising you and thanking you for the redemption of our lives. Thanking you for the heavy ransom that was paid on our behalf. For the freedom gained that cost us nothing but came at a great cost to you. Forgive us Father that we often forget these things and we enslave our selves once again to things of this world. Help guide us, giving us wisdom and discernment so we do not lose our spiritual sight, our focus that we once were captives but we have been set free. That it is already done! 
Father  I pray for my lovelies, whom have forgotten their identity in you, and also for those walking around still in heavy chains, because they do not know that they have been set free.  
I pray Lord that You meet them exactly where they are reminding those that need reminding and revealing yourself to those that need a revelation. 
Thank you Father that I am your child, that I am heir to Your throne! I pray this in your precious and powerful name, Jesus, Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...