Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Loving Reminder: A Thorn

A Loving Reminder:

Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:7-9)

Lovelies, most times we go about our daily lives forgetting that we are always in the presence of God. We seek God the most during times of affliction. Like Paul's thorn, I have an emotional struggle, that is a bit like a 'thorn in my flesh'.  What it is exactly, is not important.  I believe a thorn can be anything, from remaining on a dead end job, a loss, loneliness, dissatisfaction, grief, an illness, a disability, etc. What is important is that mine serves as a reminder of the need of Christ in my life. I believe, God has allowed this struggle in my life because it keeps me at his feet. It keeps me humble, it keeps me in prayer, it keeps me seeking more of him. His grace is sufficient for me.

Father, I come before your throne as bold and humble, praying as King David in Psalm 119 Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word. It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands. I know, Lord, that your laws are righteous, and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me. May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant. Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight. (verses 67, 71, 73, 75-77) Father, I lift up any lovely that is in need of your grace, that if they are in the midst of affliction that they know that all they need is to seek you, for in our weakness your power is made strong. Forgive us for the times we go astray. I thank you for the mercy and the grace that you shed on us daily.  In your precious and powerful name, Jesus, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...