Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Consuming Fire

A Loving Reminder: Consuming Fire
For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. (Deuteronomy 4:24)
for our “God is a consuming fire.” (Hebrews 12:29)

My lovelies, I don't function well on very little sleep. I had to work late last night and had to be at work extremely early the next day. Before going to bed I remember asking God for supernatural strength to get me through the next day. 

How awesome is God that He cares about every detail in our lives.
You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book? (Psalms 56:8)  He gently woke me up before the alarm went off, with a song in my heart. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God...(Psalms 40:3)

"There's nothing else in this world/ That lights me up like you do/ There is no one or anything/ That's of worth compared to you/
Chorus
Fire, fire burning/ Burn me out/
Fire, fire falling/ Consume me now/" 
Father, I thank you for You have consumed me! When I first wake You are my first thought, when I lay down You are my last thought! Forgive me for it has not always been like this. I need you to consume me, to burn me! I need to feel Your fire in my bones! I can not contain from singing your praises!! Your word says that You are a consuming fire, and a jealous God! Thank you for your relentless pursuit of me. Thank you that you lit me up this morning when I most needed it! I pray that you consume my lovelies, removing all that is not of you and replacing it with a fire that will burn in their hearts, in their bones and will reach out to others! Father take my life it is yours! In your precious and powerful name, Jesus, Amen!

But if I say I’ll never mention the Lord or speak in his name, his word burns in my heart like a fire. It’s like a fire in my bones! I am worn out trying to hold it in! I can’t do it! (Jeremiah 20:9 )

'Burn Me Out' by Je'Kob  http://youtu.be/0nprDrdl0Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...