Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Loving Reminder: The Intercessor

A Loving Reminder: 
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. (Romans 8:26-27 NIV)

Lovelies, sometimes there are moments where we find ourselves to be in such pain be it emotional or physical, be it for yourself or for a loved one, that you find it difficult to utter words into a prayer. 

I recall one time during an alter call being led by the spirit to pray for a sister I love dearly, whom I know was struggling. She was not at the alter for prayer, she was simply standing alone in the front row, and with the intentions of praying for her to encourage her, I gravitated towards her, but I could not utter a word I just groaned. God is amazing! The alter call was not in any way related to her struggle but she was certainly in need of prayer. The beauty of this all is that not a single word would came out my mouth, but I knew in my heart that God understood the groans. The Spirit stepped in immediately and interceded on her behalf according to God's will instead of me praying from my heart what I thought my sister needed.

 

Father, thank You for your word says that in our weakness your spirit intercedes for us through wordless groans. What a beautiful thought that in the very midst of our darkness You are there interceding for us. You know our needs better than we know them ourselves. I come on behalf of myself and your lovelies, asking that you reveal yourself to us in each of our situations, whatever they may be. Father that You search and know our hearts when we come to you so broken that we have no words to piece together into a prayer. Cover us from the crown of our heads to our toes, rushing to us and interceding for us according to Your Will over our lives. Your word says that you never leave us nor forsake us. Thank you for your unfailing love.
Thank you for being our provider in time of need.
Thank you for being our Intercessor, our one and only true mediator.
In your precious, name I pray this Jesus, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...