Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Loving Reminder: I Surrender


A Loving Reminder: I Surrender

You can make many plans, but the Lord ’s purpose will prevail. (Proverbs 19:21)

My lovelies as I abide more in Christ and He in me, I've come to realize how much control God has over my life. Most of my life has been spent trying to run away from God wanting to draw me closer. I could pinpoint moments where God closed doors, removed people from my life, opened other doors, planted other people. I was trying to fulfill MY desires..trying to fill MY emptiness. Thinking, acting and prancing along like I belong to ME.

Painful moments, moments of joy all leading to that encounter, that moment where God says 'you can keep trying to do what you want to do and I can keep closing doors and removing things from your life, or You can follow me and live the plans I have for you. “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

I do not belong to Me. You do not belong to you. I was created for a higher purpose. You were created for a higher purpose. Jeremiah 1:5 says that He knew me and you before He formed us. Psalm 139:13 says that He created our inner most being. That He knit us in our mothers womb.

But even before I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace.... (Galatians 1:15)

God had to bring me to the place where I had to decide, I can keep trying to do things my way and keep facing hurt, and disappointment or I can surrender totally and find joy and peace in Him. I chose to surrender.

In the book of Ecclesiastes, King Solomon seeks for meaning and fulfillment in his riches and in everyday life, and as he goes day to day living life to 'his fullest' he concludes that everything is meaningless. “Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. “Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.” (Ecclesiastes 1:2) Everything you do on your own for 'your' purpose is meaningless. He concludes that at the end all that matters is that you fear God and follow Him. "Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. (Ecclesiastes 12:13)

My lovelies take some time to think if you have totally surrendered to Gods plan, to His Will, or if you are still trying to follow your own plans, and your will. 

Father,
I come boldly before your throne with a grateful heart. You are exactly who you say You are. El Kanna- (the jealous one) forever with us and pursuing us with all of Your love-filled heart. I thank you Father for your relentless pursuit of us. You don't stop until we surrender, how long we run is up to us. I surrender it all, my dreams, my desires, my thoughts, my coming and my going. Father I lift up any lovely that is running. Lord that you meet them in the very place where they stand and you reveal yourself to them. In your powerful and precious name Jesus, Amen!

I Surrender - Kim Walker

8 comments:

  1. Searching the soul...thanks Ali...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evan thats awesome! I pray that God reveals to you any area that needs surrendering.. Be blessed! :)

      Delete
  2. Surrender brings such joy!
    I love when God uses me to tend His sheep :)
    And, I love that He shows His love in so many little ways throughout each and every day,... all I need to do is keep my eye on Him to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life is not My own. To you I belong. I give myself, I give myself to You.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Dawkins!! Thank you for stopping by! :-* Yes!! Im going to have to consult with you about the music part!

      Delete

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...