Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Resting on God's Promises

A Loving Reminder: 

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. (2 Corinthians 1:20-22)
How beautiful is the Word of God. I love that this verse says 'for no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ.'  It doesn't say His promises are a maybe (uncertainty) but that they are "Yes" (definite) in Christ. 

Through Christ, God fulfilled the most important promises of all. The promise of a savior, the promise of salvation. Guaranteeing whats to come!  

Gods Word is full of promises to us. They are treasures, full of declarations that are infinitive. 
'I AM': Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. The only way to the Father is through me. (John 14:6)
'I Will': I will walk among you, and I will be your God and you will be my people. (Leviticus 26:12)
'So Have I': As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. (John 15:9)

Remind yourself who God is and what He promises you. 
Personally, I hold on to the promises behind His names. I rest knowing that He is who His Word says He is.

He is Yahweh Tsebaoth - Lord God of Host 1Samuel 17:45-46 
He fights for me!!

He is El Kanna - The Jealous One Exodus 34:14 
He relentlessly pursues me!!

He is Sar Shalom - Prince of Peace Isaiah 9:6
He covers me with His peace!!

He is Elohim - God Mighty Creator Genesis 2:4 
He made me wonderfully and with a purpose!!

He is Yahweh Roi- The Lord is my Sheperd  Psalm 23:1 
He brings me back everytime I wander!!

He is Yahweh Tsuri - The Lord My Rock Psalm 62:2 
He steadies me, I will not be shaken!!

He is El Roi - The God Who Sees Me Genesis 16:13
I cannot hide from him! He sees me in my strengths and He sees me in my weakness!!  

He is Yahweh Rophe - Our Lord who Heals Psalm 103:3 
Your my healer!!

He is Logos - The Word John 1:14
He stands behind his name!!

He is The Great I AM - Exodus 3:14
What is difficult for The Great I AM. He is everything,  in everything, at all times.. 

Father, 
I come boldly before you thanking you for who You are. You are everything to me! You are my maker, my healer, my protector, my strength, my peace. I thank you for the many promises you left behind for me. It is written that You are not a man that You should lie so, I choose to stand firm on your promises. I surrender myself completely to you knowing that you created me for Your purpose and that you know what's best for me, even if I don't always understand it. Always give my lovelies and I spiritual eyes to see beyond what is physically in front of us and to never lose focus of you and your promises. You remain the same yesterday, today and forever. Thank you Lord for you are good and your love endures forever and ever. In your precious name, Jesus, Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...