Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Transformation

A Loving Reminder: 
They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.” And they praised God because of me. (Galatians 1:23-24 NIV)

My lovelies,  I'm always filled with hope when I read about Saul's personal encounter with God. God met Saul right where he was. God encountered Saul, a Pharisee in the midst of his journey of Christian persecution, revealing Himself, and bringing forth transformation. We later come to know this man as the disciple Paul, whom God used to bring life through the sharing of the Gospel, to the very same people he was trying to destroy.

If God can transform, Saul, a persecutor of the Christian church, and use him for His glory, I imagine what more God can do in my life. But more so I think about what He can do for our unsaved loved ones. 

Father, I come boldly and humbly before your throne, praising You for You are the Great I AM, the God Almighty, Creator of All. I thank You for meeting us exactly where we are. You come to us in our deepest pits and You reveal yourself to us. Who can remain the same after having a personal encounter with You.  Thank you for the continual transformation that takes place in our lives, so we become more like You.  Father, create in us a clean heart, renewing a right spirit within us, and sustaining us, as is written in Psalm 51. 
Father I stand on behalf of our loved ones, placing them at your feet asking that You reveal yourself to them. Asking that You meet them exactly where they are, wherever that may be, giving them that personal encounter like that, that you gave Saul on the road to Damascus. Confronting them, and removing all doubt that You are who You say you are. 
Thank you for the hope that Your Word brings us. Nothing is impossible for You. Thank you Father, for all you have done and for all that we have yet to see you do. In your precious name, Jesus, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...