Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Loving Reminder: True Worship

A Loving Reminder:
Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus’ feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. (John 12:3 NIV) 

My lovelies, when I reconciled with The Lord, I thought I knew what true worship meant. I thought that singing along with every song in church and attending every Sunday church service meant I was worshipping God.  

As the years went by, and God started to deal with me, in bringing forth transformation He started stripping things away. He has required me to surrender it all. Myself, my family, my time, my dreams, my hopes, all I aspired to be. I have struggled and still battle with things God ask of me.  I may not completely understand all He requires of me or even agree with them, but I will put all my trust in Him, and continue to offer my praises onto him. 

It is great to praise God when your prayers are answered. But how much more is your worship worth when you can still praise God in the midst of physical pain, in the midst of emotional pain, in the midst of loss, in the midst of trouble. 

Relative to the expensive perfume that Mary poured on the feet of Jesus, my worship to God is expensive, it's cost is measured in my submission to His Will. 

I worship because, I trust that He is the One True and Living God. I trust that He is my Kinsmen Redeemer, and I belong to Him. No matter the circumstances that surround me in the moment, worshipping Him is where I find my peace and my joy, even more so in my moments where I find myself in an emotional hole. 

Father, I come boldly and humbly pouring my praise and worship onto you like the bottle of Mary's expensive perfume. You and only you know the cost of my worship. I pray that the fragrance of my worship reaches you in the heavens. We look at the exterior but you look at the heart, you know what We have had to surrender, and the things we have yet to submit to you. Father I pray that you lead those who find themselves in any situation into an experience of true worship. That even in moments when they don't feel like worshipping because the weight is so heavy, that you strengthen them to lift up their hands in praise. Father I pray that they receive the healing, the joy and the peace that comes from true worship.  Let our praise, and worship along with our prayers be accepted as sweet-smelling incense in your presence, as it says in Psalm 141:2. In your precious name, Jesus, Amen.

Alabaster Box by Cece Winans

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...