Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Bridegroom

I will betroth you to me forever;
I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. 
I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the Lord. Hosea 2:19 - 20

My Lovelies, I love meditating on the names of God. One of my favorite names is Bridegroom. Often I like to envision The Lord stretching His hand out to me saying:
"Ali I am your Bridegroom, I have betrothal you. I have paid the price for your life. Ultimately I AM the one who full fills your need for intimacy. I AM the one who draws you out of isolation and loneliness by uniting myself to you."
What a beautiful thought, to know that we are God's Beloved, that we are his Bride. 
I wait eagerly for the day that God will rejoice over me as the bridegroom rejoices over his bride (Isaiah 62:5)

Father, I come boldly, but humbly with praises from within the deepest part of my soul thanking you for your unfailing love. Your word says that You will betroth me to you forever. That you will betroth me in love, compassion, and faithfulness. Thank you for your perfect love. There is no love like yours. I pray on behalf of myself and my lovelies that when we forget that we are loved that You remind us of your promises to us. That you remind us that we are your beloved and that you delight in us, and that you rejoice in singing over us. (Zephaniah 3:17)  May we keep our lamps full with oil as we await the arrival of you, our Bridegroom. In Your precious name Jesus, Amen.

My Beloved by Kari Jobe

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...