Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Because I Love You

A Loving Reminder: 

But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life. “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?” (Isaiah 43:1-2, 4, 10, 11, 13 NIV)



My, Lovelies, this past weekend, I was reminded of God's wonderful love for me, of His love for us.  How great it is to remember that: 

He has ransomed me. (Isaiah 43:1) 
He has called me by name. (Isaiah 43:1)
I am His. (Isaiah 43:1)
He walks with me through high waters. (Isaiah 43:2)
He walks with me through the fire. (Isaiah 43:2)
I am precious to Him. (Isaiah 43:4)
I am honored. (Isaiah 43:4)
I am loved. (Isaiah 43:4)
I am a witness. (Isaiah 43:10)
I am chosen. (Isaiah 43:10)
Apart from God there is no other. (Isaiah 43:11)
Nothing and no one can take me away from His hands (Isaiah 43:13)

God is so personal.  My favorite part of these verses is 'because I love you'.  Because I love you, says The Lord. Re-read the list of reminders again slowly, meditating on each one. Think about what each one means to you. 

Father, I come boldly before your throne full of praise and just grateful. 
You are perfect love. 
Thank you for the ransom you've paid. 
Thank you for calling me by name.
Thank you for reminding me that I am yours.
Thank you for walking with me through my trials and pains.
Thank you for reminding me that I am honored, precious, and loved. 
Like you there is no other. I pray on behalf of my lovelies, that they are daily reminded of your unfailing love. In your precious name, Jesus, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...