Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Remembrance

A Loving reminder: 
Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. (1 Chronicles 16:24 NLT)
It was there at Gilgal that Joshua piled up the twelve stones taken from the Jordan River. Then Joshua said to the Israelites, “In the future your children will ask, ‘What do these stones mean?’ Then you can tell them, ‘This is where the Israelites crossed the Jordan on dry ground.’ (Joshua 4:20-22 NLT)

I had a beautiful sister in Christ whom encouraged me to journal my prayer request and the answers to my prayers. I love to document the awesome things I've witness God do in my life. I like to call them my 'twelve stones'. In times of hurt, grief, and waiting, I have my 'twelve stones' to remind myself of God's Faithfulness. 

Unfortunately we quickly can forget the things that God has done in our lives. I confess that this past weekend I found myself in a moment of hurt, of waiting, of grieving, of fear and I had to be reminded of God's hand over myself and my family.  

Instead of focusing on the pain in the hurt, the anxiety in the waiting, the struggle in the grief, focusing on the things God has already done brings peace. 

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (Romans 8:28 NLT)

Thank you Father for your faithfulness!! I fail you daily but you never fail me! I choose to remember all the wonderful things you have already done for me and if you choose to do no more, you would have already done enough! I lift up any of my lovelies that are struggling. Father remind them of your faithfulness over their lives. Remind them how you delivered them from different situations.  Give them spiritual eyes to see that what they otherwise cannot see. You are still seated in the throne and in full control. We are limited but You are limitless. Nothing is impossible for You. In Your powerful name, Jesus, Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...