Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Loving Reminder: First thing in the morning

A Loving Reminder: 
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. (Psalm 5:3 NIV)
How I start my morning makes all the difference on how my day develops. When I start my morning with a grateful heart, praising God and covering myself with His Word, my day seems to go smoother. I have spiritually nourished my soul and I am better prepared for the attacks of this world.  But on days that I'm rushing out my door and I don't give God my first, I am ill prepared and I am a mess. 

Father, I come with a grateful heart before your throne. I give you thanks and praise that You gently wake me up each morning before sunrise and I get to spend that waking moment with you. You hear my praise, my thoughts, my desires, and my sorrows. I lay them down on your throne early in the morning, and in exchange You sustain me through my day. Thank  You father, that you never fail me. When I sleep you are there and when I wake your presence is the first thing that greets me. I pray that my lovelies experience what it is to be greeted by You every morning. In your precious name, Jesus, Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...