Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Stand Guard

A Loving Reminder: 

But we prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat. Therefore I stationed some of the people behind the lowest points of the wall at the exposed places, posting them by families, with their swords, spears and bows. After I looked things over, I stood up and said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” (Nehemiah 4:9, 13, 14 NIV)


I recall having a conversation with a loving sister in Christ about how hard life is. One thing she said still resonates in me. She said "Life is hard, but life without God is harder". I think often how much I run in prayer to God for refuge throughout my day, for myself and for others, and then I started to think of those who don't truly know, understand, or believe in the power of the one who created them. The power of the awesome God who fights for us and our homes. 

Lovelies, one thing is for certain, threats will come. They come in all shapes and forms, and sometimes they come disguised. We must remain united and diligent about being on guard daily through prayer and intersession, to meet the threats that come to us daily. 

But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man." (Luke 21:36 ESV)

Father, thank you for the reminder that you are the Great and Awesome God that fights for us and our families. I ask that you give us the strength and stamina to be on guard day and night in prayer, not only for ourselves but for each other. Let us meditate on your promises from morning to night, that when the heaviness of the world falls on our shoulders that we be able to withstand it through your grace. In your precious name, Jesus, Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...