Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Faith In Action

A Loving Reminder:
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)
Every night before going to bed I pray over my seven year old daughter, but she seems to have nightmares often.  Yesterday she visited a Native American Museum with her camp. She came back a little sad because she didn't have money to buy a 'dream catcher'. I tried to assure her that all she needed was God. That when she wakes from a nightmare that she is to pray to God that he fills her with peace and for Him to take her nightmares away, and she replied "I do ask Him to take it away and He doesn't!" 

This morning I confessed to my prayer partner that I often feel like that. I have a pain that I ask God to take away but He doesn't. lovingly she said, "I'm determined to have these quiet times with him (God), someday he will fix me." 

What a loving reminder, to see Faith In Action, to have confidence and hope in things not seen. 

Father, I come humbly before you, asking for your forgiveness and grace. Forgive us for the times that we lose faith and hope because we don't see change right away. Your word says that your grace is sufficient for us. Help us to never forget that. I pray for my lovelies who like me are in the waiting for something. That you remind us that you have already done enough. That you pour your grace over us and that we not cease to put our 'Faith into Action'.
Thank you Father for your loving reminders. In your powerful name, Jesus. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...