Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Called By Name

My Lovelies, A Loving Reminder: Called By Name
When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.”  (Judges 6:12)

When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon and called him a mighty warrior, Gideon was immediately filled with doubt. Me? A mighty warrior? Instead of seeing himself through the Lords eyes, he saw himself through worldly eyes. He saw his limits as they were, he saw himself standing alone.  His clan was the weakest, and he was the least in his family.

“Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.” The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.” Gideon replied, “If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is really you talking to me. (Judges 6:15-17)

When God calls you to a task be sure to know that He the most High is with you! That if He is with you, you are automatically equipped to do all that He has called you to do. 

God doesn't call you to do something and then just walks away leaving you alone, without opening the doors and providing the means to get the job done. 

Standing alone, Gideon was correct of all these things. He was the least in his family and his clan was the weakest but the Lord said 'I will be with you'. That immediately changed his status. With the Lord, he was now the greatest in his family, his clan was now the strongest. He was now standing with The Lord of Host! 

Father, I thank you for you are Jehovah Shammah, The Lord who is ALWAYS present and providing. I praise you for if we call on You, You make your presence known. You are the Lord of Host, and where we walk, we walk with you. You never leave us nor forsake us. Father, I pray that you provide for the needs of my lovelies for what you have called them to do. I pray that you pour out a fresh anointing and words of encouragement to cast out doubt where there is doubt. I pray for wisdom and discernment not only in my life but also in the lives of each and every individual that you have called out by name! In your precious and powerful name, Jesus, Amen!

6 comments:

  1. Yes! What we will be remains to be seen. God is still forming us. We are still becoming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I love it! always evolving! :) Thank you for taking time to comment Evan. -Blessings

      Delete
  2. Amen. This is the very reason we need to keep the faith and stay the course. We need to trust that God will provide all that we need when he places that call. Praise God.

    Blessings,
    KW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ali, for another inspirational msg. I love that God is always on time with what we need to hear/read and that His word never goes void. His word always serves its purpose. I am blessed by your article because I am struggling with if I can really do what He is calling me to do, but as I read your msg I was so blessed and encouraged because I am reminded that if He called me I am, as you said, already equipped to do His work! Hallelujah! Praise God for strong Women of God!!! ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Sarah Sis, I'm so blessed to that you were encouraged by this Word. God knows ALL things! Continue to be blessed! And know that God is already ahead of you in whatever he has called you to do! Much Love!

      Delete

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...