Monday, April 1, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Take Heart

A Loving Reminder: Take Heart

“.....In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33 NIV)

My lovelies, 
Like the disciples, after the crucifixion of Christ we all face seasons of waiting seasons of disappointments, of pain, grief and/or _________ (you fill in the blank). But we must remember that we are covered by the blood of lamb and He has surely overcome the world through His Resurrection! In our pain and in our struggles He walks with us. 

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. (John 14:16-17, 19)

Sometimes in these seasons of trouble we become filled with doubt, but let us not be like the world. Let us have the boldness that the disciples had after their encounter with the resurrected Christ. If you are in Christ then the Comforter/ Advocate has already revealed Himself to you for when you accept and surrender to God, you invite Him to dwell in you. Let our fears, our pains, our disappointments transform into boldness, healing, and victories! 
Just as the disciples underwent transformation from fear, doubt, confusion after the death to boldness, joy in pain, courage and assurance after the Resurrection!  

Lets tap daily into that power, that power that gave the disciples the courage to face persecution, by looking through spiritual eyes and not focusing on the events of the death of Christ but focusing on the Resurrection of Christ! 

Father, I come boldly before your throne, knowing that You are the Great I AM, that there is none higher than you. Thank you for the promises you have left us, they comfort us, they fill us with hope. Like David wrote 'Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles. Psalms 119:49-50'. Father I ask that you give your lovelies spiritual eyes in the midst of anything they may be facing. That you fill them with courage, that you remind them that they could do anything as long as they remain in You. In your precious name, Jesus, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Ali, thank you for this great post! Your messages always bless and inspire me. I have been facing a few trials and tests lately, but this reminds me to take heart and look to Him. He will see me through everything and I have The Comforter with me always! God bless you abundantly! ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Sarah to God be all the Glory! He knows what we need and when we need it! ~Blessings

      Delete

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...