Friday, April 5, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Jehovah-Raah, He guides me

My Lovelies,  A Loving Reminder: Jehovah-Raah, He guides me

I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. (Psalms 16:7-9)

Woke up recently with a nudging from the Holy Spirit whispering Hebrews 4:11.. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.  In obedience, I started preparing to write my devotional for the day, based on this verse that was put in my heart. But not a word came to mind. I don't consider myself a writer by any means, but for the sake of explaining how I felt, I had so called 'writers block'. Over and over I read Hebrews 4:11 and nothing. I started to pray, Lord what is it that you want me to share with my Lovelies? Why this verse? Rest? Give me the words Lord... Let them be from you..

I waited on The Lord and started meditating on the Word given to me that morning. As I started preparing myself to go to work, I quietly heard The Lord whisper 'this Word is for you Ali...I need you to enter Rest...so you don't fall into 'their' example of disobedience..'

I am usually on the run. Between work, family and church ministries I keep myself very busy. I am also a very sensitive person and I take things to heart. Someone else's pain can easily become my pain. When I don't get some quiet time, I quickly start to sink... 

There is so much hurt out there, so much pain, I have to admit that the heaviness of other peoples pain was becoming overbearing, and after having a conversation with a loved one whom is in a bad place, I went to bed the night before with a heavy heart. Almost lost my focus and forgot all the great things that God has already done and all that I know He has yet to do. Was focusing on the pain and remembering what it felt like when I was struggling. Instead of focusing on the victory I was focusing on the battle.

But God! 
But God is right beside me! 
He guides me - Jehovah-Raah
In Him I rest - Jehovah-Shammah
In Him I find my strength -Jehovah Ez-Lami

How awesome is God that He knows exactly what we need and when we need it... That He is always with us, not sometimes, but ALWAYS says the Word. That He directs us in the steps we should take. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” (Isaiah 30:21)

My ears hear Your voice, behind me Lord, saying ' Ali...I need you to enter Rest..'

My lovelies do you hear Gods voice behind you? 
Are you receptive to His direction?

The reflective life is a life that is attentive, receptive, 
and responsive to what God is doing in us and around us. 
It's a life that asks God to reach into our heart, 
allowing Him to touch us there.
Ken Gire

Father, 
I come before you with a restful heart full of praise! I thank you Jehovah Jireh, you provide all we need, I thank you Jehovah-Raah for you guide us. In you Jehovah-Shammah we find rest. In you Jehovah Ez-Lami, we find our daily strength. Everything we are depends on you. I rejoice in you, I will not be shaken, for you are right beside me. In Your precious name Jesus, Amen

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Kingdom Worker for always taking time to comment! God Bless! :)

      Delete
  2. This was really beautiful and inspiring. Thank you. ~

    ReplyDelete

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...