Friday, March 29, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Nothing Can Separate Us

  A Loving Reminder: Nothing Can Separate Us
In light of Holy Week and Resurrection Sunday, my 'soul sister' shared with me a devotional that focused on Peter's denial of Christ. As I read the following passages, I could not help but to put on Peter's shoes...

“You will all fall away,” Jesus told them, “for it is written: “ ‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.’ But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee.”  Peter declared, “Even if all fall away, I will not." “Truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “today—yes, tonight—before the rooster crows twice  you yourself will disown me three times.”  But Peter insisted emphatically, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.” And all the others said the same. (Mark 14:27-31)

A servant girl saw him seated there in the firelight. She looked closely at him and said, “This man was with him.” But he denied it. “Woman, I don’t know him,” he said.  A little later someone else saw him and said, “You also are one of them.” “Man, I am not!” Peter replied. About an hour later another asserted, “Certainly this fellow was with him, for he is a Galilean.”  Peter replied, “Man, I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed. The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him:  “Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.” And he went outside and wept bitterly. (Luke 22:56-62)

The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?”  He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. (John 21:17)

My lovelies, ask yourselves, how often do we deny Christ in our daily lives?
We may not deny him verbally, but what about with our actions? 

I could think of times where my words said I am a 'Follower of Christ' but my actions said different. And Just like Peter I find myself going back to my old ways, because I feel unworthy, ashamed to speak His Word... thinking of how I denied Jesus in my disobedience...

How awesome is God, for He knows all things. He knows our hearts. He knows our weakness, and still chooses to use us. Humbled at the thought that despite of us, God will continue to use us according to His perfect will and plan. Nothing can separate us. Because He died and rose again from the dead for us, not even our sinful nature can keep us from him!  

He knew Peter would deny Him during this painful season. But God had a higher purpose for Peter, notwithstanding his weakness, God was going to use Peter as one of His messengers! God's word still stands today, as we read, study and get fed by the very Words that God inspired Peter to write. 'And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:18)'. 

"Do you love me?" Asks The Lord 
"Then feed my sheep!"

My Lovelies, do you Love Him?
Then feed His sheep! We all are call to this commission in different degrees, to be a voice in this dark world, to be messengers of His light.

Father, I come boldly before your throne, singing praises to You, Elohim for You are who You say you are, the creator of all. I praise you because my lovelies and I, are your masterpieces, perfect and wonderfully made. I praise You for your Word says that no one and nothing can separate us from you.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)  Though we may fall away, it is only temporary. I praise You for that awesome promise Lord! My lovelies and I are eternally yours! Equip us and continue to use us as You see fit to benefit your kingdom, and not our own. In your precious name, Jesus, Amen

5 comments:

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...