Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Behold I Am Doing a New Thing

My lovelies, A Loving Reminder:
God replaces what He takes away!

The Lord says, “I will give you back what you lost to the swarming locusts, the hopping locusts, the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts. It was I who sent this great destroying army against you. Once again you will have all the food you want, and you will praise the Lord your God, who does these miracles for you. Never again will my people be disgraced. Then you will know that I am among my people Israel, that I am the Lord your God, and there is no other. Never again will my people be disgraced. (Joel 2:25-27 NLT) 

My lovelies has God taken something away from you? 
Has He replaced it with something greater?
Do you perceive the new thing He has done? 
 
Often times God removes things from our lives that steal our joy in Him. Notice I said 'our joy in Him! We can all think of something or someone God has removed from our lives because we could not see God but rather we choose to focus on the things of this world. The beauty is that what God takes away, He replaces with something greater!  

Let me share with you that God removed a friendship from my life. He was clear with me that I could not serve two Gods. (the friendship being one type of God). 

The friendship brought great comfort, but it did not lead me to Christ, instead it led me to worldly things.  God had to show me that the comfort I sought, should only be sought in Him! I wrestled with God for about two years regarding this matter. Although deep inside I understood, I didn't understand. Or rather.... I didn't want to understand. 

When God removes you from a comfort zone, wether He is, removing you from the comfort of your finances, removing you from the comfort of your job, removing you from the comfort of your friends, or removing you from the comfort of your family, it can be a painful process. But God is awesome, His ways are higher than ours and He always works on our behalf. 

My greater is a relationship with three specific women that He strategically placed in my life. He replaced one friend with three! God brought us together so we could experience joy in Him! So we could experience His love in each other!  Im grateful for these ladies for sometimes I find myself still grieving what God has removed, and in those moments I remind myself that we have to choose to die to self daily (1 Corinthians 15:31 AMP). 

Throughout my day I'm flooded with text from these ladies that remind me of His love! We wake up together, we go to work together, and we seek God together!  With every text that comes in, Im reminded that God has given me greater!  


“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. (Isaiah 43:18, 19 NIV)

El Roi you see it all, thank you father for seeing the desires in our hearts. Thank you for refilling the emptiness of what you have removed with Your Joy. Thank you for the beautiful friendship that you have harmonized together on my behalf. Thank you for the beautiful reminders that come from your word that I receive throughout the day for you keep me in your perfect peace and in your joy! The new thing has sprung up! And I perceive it! I pray that You open the eyes of my lovelies and reveal to them the new things you are doing in each of their lives! In your name, Jesus, I come with a grateful heart!  Amen! 


2 comments:

  1. Superior! I recommend this article for anyone who has ever suffered the loss of anything, and we all have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim, thank you for your support and encouragement!! Looking forward to more studies from you!

      Delete

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...