Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Praise in the Pit

A ❤ing reminder:
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT)

My lovelies,
We all face pits in our lives, pits of hurt, pits of physical pain, pits of emotional pain, pits of grief, pits of uncertainty, pits of (you fill in the blank).

What we do while in our pit is a reflection of our relationship with Christ. Are you being swallowed by this pit or are you a light shining in the mist of the darkness that surrounds you?

I have a pit full of emotions and grief over things removed from my life but I choose to sit and remind myself that God is God and that His plans for me are far more better than I could ever imagine. I know that if I just hold on to every promise that is in His Word I will come to see them pass in my life, for His Word does not come back empty!

God may have allowed us in that pit so we can be a light. I choose to be like Paul and Silas in the mist of my pit. Praise! Praise! Praise! Praise!

Pray and Praise without ceasing and you will see the chains fall off!

But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them; Suddenly, there was a massive earthquake, and the prison was shaken to its foundations. All the doors immediately flew open, and the chains of every prisoner fell off! (Acts 16:25-26 NLT)

Father,
I come to you with praise, thanking you for all you have done. For your peace in the mist of difficulty. For your love when felt unloved. For your relentless pursuit of us. The list goes on and on. You have a plan and a purpose for all whom believe in You. There is a Word over each of our lives! Father, I ask you that You sing over our lives and bring peace into our hearts, and quiet us with Your love ushering us into your sweet presence! Give us a new song of Praise so we can be a light to those around us! Father I pray that you break every chain that has us bound! I declare Freedom, Victory and Praise over our lives! In Your precious name, Jesus. Amen


5 comments:

  1. Your enthusiasm is CONTAGIOUS!!! I really needed this Word today. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! God knows all things! God Bless you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, Ali, Ali, Yet again spoken from the heart! As Usual, the sincerity and excellence that I have come to expect in your writings! You know, believers can "smell" each other. I "smell" a "Spirit filled" woman emitting from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tim for your encouraging words.
      There's no joy better than sharing God's love and promises and know that someone has received it! Even if its one person! - Blessings :)

      Delete

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...