Friday, March 8, 2013

Holding on to God's Promises


My lovelies,
A loving reminder of God's 
Faithfulness:


God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? (Numbers 23:19 NIV)

I'm a believer that God still performs miracles. Hebrews 13:8 says that He is the same yesterday, today and forever! If we have faith as small as mustard seed we can speak things into existence.  We can tell trees to be uprooted and they will be uprooted. Luke 17:6 God's words are full of promises to us! 

What are you believing God for today? How big is your faith? 

The more time spend in His Word, the more we focus on the eternal things of God and less on the wordly things that  we see. I hold on to God's promises to dear life! When I pray I pray His promises, not because God needs reminding but because I need to constantly remind myself who He is! Remind yourselves of the power that is behind the names of God! 

He is Yahweh Tsebaoth - Lord God of Host 1Samuel 17:45-46 
He fights for me!!

He is El Kanna - The Jealous One Exodus 34:14 
He relentlessly pursues me!!

He is Sar Shalom - Prince of Peace Isaiah 9:6
He covers me with His peace!!

He is Elohim - God Mighty Creater Genesis 2:4 
He made me wonderfully and with a purpose!!

He is Yahweh Roi- The Lord is my Sheperd  Psalm 23:1 
He brings me back everytime I wander!!

He is Yahweh Tsuri - The Lord My Rock Psalm 62:2 
He steadies me, I will not be shaken!!

He is El Roi - The God Who Sees Me Genesis 16:13 
I cannot hide from him! He sees me in my strengths and He sees me in my weakness!!  

He is Yahweh Rophe - Our Lord who Heals Psalm 103:3 
Your my healer!!

He is Logos - The Word John 1:14
He stands behind his name!!

He is The Great I AM Exodus 3:14
What is difficult for The Great I AM? He is everything,  in everything, at all times.. 

That was just scratching the surface of who God is and the promises behind who he is! 
God invites us to call out to him (Jeremiah 33:3) He promises us that he will answer us! My lovelies keep in mind that our request must be in line with His Word and His purpose. He always answers! We may not like the answers but he does, and rest assure that he knows whats best! 

Father, 
I come boldly before you thanking you for who You are! You are everything to me! You are my maker, my healer, my protector, my strength, my peace! I thank you for the many promises you left behind for me! I surrender myself completely to you knowing that you created me for Your purpose and that you know what's best for me, even if I don't understand it! 






1 comment:

  1. Ali, I agree with and claim the prayer at the end of your post for myself! I believe that you are genuine in your total surrender to Christ. I to find the "names" of God fascinating! They really give us insight into His character, personality, and what He is to the individual believer! Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...