Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Will you still be standing?

A loving reminder:
For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 3:11 ESV)

Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. (Matthew 7:25 NLT)

My lovelies ask yourselves:
What is my home built on? 
Is it built on sand? 
Is my life, my home built on the decaying things of this world? 
Or: 
Is it built on a solid bedrock? 
Is my life my home built on biblical truths, on God's instructions? 



As Christians we are not exempted from going through storms in life. The difference between one who builds on Christ and one who builds on the world, is how we sustain during the storms that roll into our lives. 

Our father has blessed us with instructions on building our home, and promises filled with encouragement to get us through the toughest storms. He is the Architect of our lives, and he has given us the will to decide where we build the house He has designed for us. Sand or bedrock? We choose if we want to cut corners and use the cheapest material offered by the world or if we layout our home using the eternal materials that God has offered us. 

If you haven't lately, invite God the Inspector, God the Architect, into your home. Have Him show you the condition your home is in. Make sure that you are built on firm solid rock. Reinforce where reinforcement is needed, undergo a renovation if necessary. Prepare your home so when the storms come and go, (and they will) you will still be standing! Immovable!  

But the firm foundation of (laid by) God stands, sure and unshaken, bearing this seal (inscription): The Lord knows those who are His, and, Let everyone who names [himself by] the name of the Lord give up all iniquity and stand aloof from it. (2 Timothy 2:19 AMP)

He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. (Psalms 62:2 NLT)

Father, I come to you, Akrogoniaios Lithos, the Cornerstone of my life, Praising you and thanking you for you are my rock. My strength stems from you and only You! You have seen me through many storms and still I remain standing! I pray for those who lack strength to find it in you, for those who lack peace to find it in you. I pray that you meet those in need of you right where they are, that you reach the inner darkest parts and reveal yourself through an intimate encounter. Father I praise you and I choose to build my house on you. I choose to use the priceless eternal materials that you have made available to me for free. Thank you in your precious name, Jesus, I pray, Amen!

1 comment:

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...