Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Rest

My Lovelies, A Loving Reminder: 

“Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place” (Mark 6:30-32, NIV).




We spend so much of our lives running around in busyness. Busyness at work, busyness at home with our families, busyness with our friends, busyness with our ministries.

Lovelies, how much time do you spend with God in a quiet place? Who are we that He is mindful of us? “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28 NIV) How awesome that He invites us to find rest in him, with him in a quiet place. Do you take up that offer daily? 

“I have discovered that when my life and my heart get too crowded there is not enough room for God.” ~Mary Southerland (GIG)

Lovelies, take time Daily to focus on the Word and in Prayer. It is our spiritual food and builds us up in strength and wisdom to follow us through our day. Find the best time for you. My best time is early morning before anyone is awake, and in my long work commute. 

The more alone time I spend with God the more I find myself feeling like Mary!
Don't allow a 'Martha' to take away what matters most! 

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:38-42 NIV)

Father I come before you on behalf of my lovelies, asking you Father that you lead them to a solitary place and time daily. Filling them with the perfect peace that is only found in Your sweet Presence. Letting them never dismiss your presence as they go throughout their day, so that those whom they come in contact with can sense that they walk with a Greater Presence. That you fill them with a fresh anointing, filling them with Wisdom and Love to face all that comes their way! In your precious name, Jesus, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...