Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Loving Reminder: Two are better than one

My Lovelies, A Loving Reminder: Two are better than one

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. (Ecclesiastes 4:12)


During times of struggle, we tend to sometimes retract and isolate ourselves into a quiet place where we can just soak in our pain..

We tell ourselves:
No one will understand.
What will they think of me?
I don't want to trouble anyone with my problems.
This is embarrassing.

My lovelies, those thoughts are from the enemy! The enemy knows that alone we are vulnerable, that alone our thoughts become a shovel digging a deep hole, into a pit of darkness.

There is power behind numbers! When we gather together as one body in Christ our voice is louder. The Word says that two or more can defend itself, but one can be overpowered. (Ecclesiastes 4:12) For wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there am I, in their midst.” (Matthew 18:20)

We all should have at least one or more persons who join us in our daily walk with Christ. One or two whom are trustworthy, loving and not judgmental.

Someone:
To hold us accountable.
To fill our days with our Father's promises.
To shine the light for us when we fall into darkness.

But most important that someone should always point you to Christ!

I pray my lovelies that God blesses you with a friendship like that of King David and Jonathan or better yet a friendship like that of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Sometimes we need someone to walk with us into the blazing furnace with faith that God will deliver us!

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. (Daniel 3:16-17)
But these three men, that is, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, having been bound, fell down in the middle of the oven of burning fire. And they were walking in the midst of the flame, praising God and blessing the Lord. (Daniel 3:23-24)

Father, I come boldly before you praising you and thanking you for you are the author and finisher of our faith and you know our every need. I personally thank you for the awesome family in Christ you have surrounded me with! They have all been a blessing to me, and I pray that I to them. But i'm most grateful for that one sister whom walked into the blazing fire with me, because she was faithful that You would deliver us! I pray that in the time of need you provide my lovelies with beautiful messengers of yours that bring loving, non judgmental encouragement. The beautiful messengers that point to You and only You! In your precious name, Jesus, Amen





6 comments:

  1. Inspiring as always. I believe this is why the Word says not to forsake the assembling of yourselves together. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Spirit of God keep you in the love and life of Christ Jesus , Have your way Lord......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. You are a blessings to everyone that has the honor to be in your presence, whether in person or through your writings. And just in case you have not heard, you are one of those beautiful messengers of his that brings loving, non judgmental encouragement to all.

    Blessings,
    KW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thank you, Im humbled by your comment... I know what it is to be on the other end... Sometimes we Christians tend to be like the Pharisees... forgetting the greatest commandment of all Love. Love conquers ALL things not just some! All the Glory God!
      ~Blessings Kingdom Worker (btw love the name) :)

      Delete

A Loving Reminder: Keep Going

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destr...